Subject: ECDC evidence-based public health (EBPH) courses - update
From: "Helena de Carvalho Gomes" <[email-masked]>
To: "Benka Bernhard" <[email-masked]>, "christian.leonard" <[email-masked]>, "lubomira.nikolaeva.glomb" <[email-masked]>, "ivanoov" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "sanja.kurecicfilipovic" <[email-masked]>, "coconstantinou" <[email-masked]>, "lhadjihannas" <[email-masked]>, "Tyra Grove Krause" <[email-masked]>, "Natalia Kerbo" <[email-masked]>, "Hannu Kiviranta" <[email-masked]>, "Anna Katz" <[email-masked]>, "Bruno COIGNARD" <
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>, "TA Info" <[email-masked]>, "Natalia Kerbo" <[email-masked]>, "Otto Helve" <[email-masked]>,
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:20:21 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

ECDC NORMAL

To: NFPs for scientific advice (members and alternates), NFPs for public 
health training (members and alternates)

CC: National Coordinators (members and alternates), Adam Roth (Head of 
Section Public Health Training)

Dear Colleagues,

With this email, I would like to inform you about the outcome of the first 
two evidence-based public health (EBPH) introductory courses delivered this 
year after a four year break, and about next steps.

Evaluation results

4-day in person course at ECDC premises, “Methods and tools for 
evidence-based public health (EBPH)”, 19-22 February 2024 (four full days 
including lunch and coffee breaks)

*	16 participants from 8 EU/EEA countries and four ECDC staff
*	Feedback was collected via the ECDC virtual academy platform EVA (16 
responses):

Online short course, “Introduction to evidence-based public health (EBPH)”, 
11-12 March 2024 (two sessions of 3.5 hours each including a break)

*	40 participants from 16 EU/EEA countries
*	Feedback was collected via the ECDC virtual academy platform EVA (23 
responses so far):

I am hoping to receive additional responses and will keep you informed in 
case the evaluation results change.

Next steps

In view of the overall positive feedback and the continued interest in the 
courses, I am planning additional course editions, and will inform you as 
soon as the dates are set.

In the meanwhile, I would like to thank those of you that got back with 
proposals on how the booking and registration process could be further 
improved for future courses.

Since the demand usually exceeds what can be offered, I have been using a 
combination of first come – first served and a ceiling by country. This 
means that, if needed, I restrict the number of participants by country to 
allow more countries to attend. Hence, the number of final participants per 
country usually varies between one to three, depending on the number of 
countries that get back with names by the deadline.

Based on the feedback received, I will continue applying this approach and 
ask you to nominate up to three participants by country, but in addition, I 
will also ask you to rank the proposed participants, so that I know which 
participants to chose in case I need to further restrict the number by 
country.

Now that the first courses have taken place and agenda, training materials 
and maximum number of participants have become clearer, I will also be able 
to announce the courses earlier and give you more time to communicate the 
courses in your country and coordinate the selection of course participants.

I hope this is an agreeable approach but please do not hesitate to get back 
with comments, questions or suggestions.

Thank you for your support and input

Helena

Dr

Helena de Carvalho Gomes

MD, MPH

Head of Section Scientific Process and Methods

Scientific Process and Methods,

SMS

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60  <tel:1159> 1159

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

European Centre for
Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)

Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.